Saturday, February 18, 2012

Spring Training is here - everyone needs practice

Michael has been watching his manic father all day.
He's heard me sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during each of his feedings. He watched me change his diaper while telling him that it's the little things in life that matter.
"Sure, no games are being played today," I said. "But practice is important. It's more than just repitition of fundamentals, too. It's getting to know your new teammates, rookies learning the ropes, a veteran establishing his presence on the team."
I made this slideshow while explaing that you really do have to spend hours honing your craft if you want to be any good.
Sure, he didn't understand a word I said; he's two-months-old afterall.
But this was good practice for me. I'm going to have to make this speech again, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment