Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How time flies

It's hard to believe it's been six months since Michael first came into this world.
I keep saying it can't be. Our boy cannot be 6-months-old.
But he is.
Today I celebrated by taking him to Toys 'R' Us, in hopes of finding a toy for him. I had noticed a couple months ago that some toys say "Birth +" while others say "6-18 months" or something similar.
I pushed Michael up and down the aisles searching for the right toy. He's already got a glowworm thingy that he adores (Thanks, Brad and Sue) He already has a ton of books (Dad loves reading "Duckling Gets a Cookie," "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" and "The Giving Tree" while Mom loves "Jazz Baby" and "Guess How Much I Love You." We both enjoy reading "Martin's Big Words" to him.) And he spends quality time with his Phillie Phanatic puppet and a train from Miss Darlene.
He was not old enough for the Transformers toys that looked so cool. Ditto the superhero toys. Some of the toys that fit in his age group looked cool, especially tool and kitchen playsets that teaches counting and color. But they were more expensive and I didn't want to buy them without telling Molly.
But each toy I looked at brought one of two thoughts to my head. The first, that I couldn't believe he would one day play with a toy like that. The second that I couldn't believe he was old enough to play with that particular toy. I'll probably feel the same way when we teach him to ride a bike and drive a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment