Thursday, March 8, 2012

Vacation Day 6: Blow it out your nose

And on the sixth day, Michael died. Well, that's what I thought was happening. Michael woke up around 8:30 Tuesday morning, which meant I woke up around 8:35. After playing for a little bit, he seemed hungry. Eating his hands, crying loudly. So I grabbed a bottle of milk, warmed it up and proceeded to feed. While Mike ate, I turned on "Law & Order: SVU" on Netflix. That's our established routine. The bottle warms up during the cold opening. Then I sit down with Michael as the opening credits start. Sometimes, if I time it right, the "Boom boom" accompanies the his burps. So during our feeding on Tuesday, Michael must have been filled to the brim. In the middle of feeding, he coughed once, gagged and did the most disgusting thing I've ever seen a human do. He spit up. But it wasn't a regular spit up. Milk came out his mouth and his nose. And here's where it gets nasty. The milk that came out his nose went into his mouth. Dad gagged. But the difference between adult and child is a simple one. Liquid did not come out my nose, and if it had, I would not have swallowed it. Tuesday's soundtrack: Crosby, Stills and Nash.

No comments:

Post a Comment