Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vacation with Michael Day 7: Cashing in

During my two-week vacation with Michael, I tried to introduce Michael to different musicians I enjoy. Part of it's because I hope we'll have something in common someday. Part of it is because it just makes the day enjoyable to listen to the music I like. I spent the first day playing Billy Joel. I moved on to U2, Stevie Wonder and so on.
Looking back, I noticed it shows the progression of my taste in music. I grew up buying up every Billy Joel song I could find. My first CD was "An Innocent Man." It's still one of my favorite albums.
While I still consider the Piano Man to be one of my favorite musicians, he's taken a back seat over the years to U2.
The fourth day of our vacation saw us take a trip to State College, which meant our soundtrack for the day was the Penn State Blue Band.
Today we listened to Johnny Cash. I never really listened to him until I got to college. My roomate Dave had a couple of Cash's songs on his computer and that planted the seeds. Molly, however, really likes Johnny Cash and June Carter, so we've picked up a bunch of CDs and records over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment